Run for your life!

One of the most important things for keeping fit is running. That and swimming are two of the most effective types of work out, it literally exercises every inch of you, and boy do you feel it the next day! I bought myself a decent pair of Nike running trainers and some running shorts and got to it!
I've set up a new morning routine to 'boost productivity', it usually goes something like this: Alarm goes off at 6am (crycrycry) and I go get a breakfast of fruit (usually blueberries/raspberries) , natural Greek yogurt and granola. Then I get ready for my run I leave the flat and do stretches in the courtyard and set off on my run at about half six. 
I live in a really urban area of Liverpool so it's not exactly a very natural peaceful environment to run in but you certainly do see some interesting sights! More often than not I see drunk/hungover students walking home, ducking their heads as I run past...gives me a laugh and a little more motivation.
By about seven fifteen I'm home again and in the shower and then getting ready for my day at uni. I thought my new routine would physically kill me because I'm used to staying in bed for as long as I physically can, but it's given me more energy than usual if anything! I have time to wake up before I get to uni which is definitely a big change, I usually sit in my lectures and fall asleep.

I've had to add long leggings, a running jacket and a thermal headband to my running gear as well as more reflective bands due to the insane drop in temperature and the mornings being pitch black until about 07:40am! I hate winter!

The one thing I've learnt this week is not to make excuses, the weather/season is not a reason not to keep fit! Do I want to stay in my warm bed and guzzle hot choccy? Yes I bloody well do! But doing that will not get me the body that I have ultimately raved for years so I refuse to let jack frost beat me!






















- Alise Lavinia x

No comments:

Post a Comment